About The Author
Easiest Way to Manage Personal Finance
“People need to know that they have the Gift of Grace if they have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. This gift is given through faith, not of yourselves. The Bible says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. This is what allows me to come first boldly to the throne of grace.” – Marilyn M. Carr.
- Ordained Minister with the license: Jameson Theological Seminary, the Church of God Theological University, Anderson, Indiana
- Ministerial and higher education degrees: Master of Ministry, Doctor of Divinity, and Doctor of Philosophy of Biblical Studies.
- Emerald Avenue Church of God, 10555 South Emerald Ave. Chicago, Illinois, 1970-1985
- West Oak Lane Church of God, 7401 Limekiln Pike, Philadelphia, PA 19138, 1985 to 2013
- New Covenant Church of Philadelphia, PA, 7500 Germantown Ave. Philadelphia, PA, September 22, 2013, to the present
- Called to the prophetic, preaching, and teaching ministry on July 3, 1977. The first sermon, August 1977
- An exemplary teacher and Bible Scholar. Prophetic (preacher) ministry of the Gospel
- Preached at The National Youth Inspirational Conventions, Preached at our National Camp meetings, and Christian Conferences with an estimated attendance of 2,500.
- Served as Sunday school teacher, superintendent, youth minister, and lay Minister from 1977-to 1985 at the Emerald Avenue Church of God, Chicago, Illinois. Under the late Dr. Marcus H. Morgan
- Editor and publisher of several Bible study courses with manuals.
- Recognized as a lay minister at the West Oak Lane Church of God from 1985 to 2013.
- CEO and President of the Marilyn M. Carr Ministries, Inc. Tax exempted
- Doctorate of Divinity, D.D.
- Doctorate of Philosophy in Theology. Ph.D. Paper: The Doctrine of Salvation: Its Finished Work.
- Attended the In-service Training Institute of the Church of God, Anderson, Indiana, and 3 years-graduate certificates
- Attended Moody Bible (Institute) University, Chicago, Illinois 1978-1980, 2 years- graduate diploma
- Under the pastoral leadership of Dr. Marcus H. Morgan studied the Gospels and Doctrines of Faith
- Studied under Dr. James Earl Massey, Dr. Samuel Hines, Dr. Lillian McCutcheon, 1970-1985
- Studied under the late Dr. Horace Wesley Sheppard Sr., West Oak Lane Church of God. 1985-2008
- Bible studies at the New Covenant Church of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Growing in Christ, a 13-week course
- Attended, studied, and graduated from Jameson Theological and Evangelistic Association,
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania branch. Ordained.
- Unto The Church of God: The Church of God History Enlightenment Seminar Manual, 1993
- This Is Your Time For Victory: Victorious Christian Living, 2002. Manual
- God’s Armor For Pastors: Handbook, October 23, 2005
- Heaven’s Telephone Directory
- I’m Saved and Single: Single’s Ministry: Power of Encouragement
- Jesus Is Our Jubilee! 4-week course
- The Storm Is Passing Over 4-6 weeks Christian Growth Series
- The Pearls: Women’s Ministry Handbook
- Women Called By God to Pray! Women’s notes and manual
- Women Where Is Your Faith: Manual 2006
- Bachelor of Education: Intermediate and High Education, Chicago State University
- Master of Curriculum Design and Development, Concordia University, River Forest, Illinois
- Master of Administration and Supervision University of Illinois-Chicago, Campus
- Doctorate of Leadership: Administration and Supervision, Penn State University, and Belford University.
- Teacher, School Principal and School Administrator, School District of Philadelphia
- Summer Fellowship: The Principal’s Center, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA